Who is AmeriPlan?
AmeriPlan® is a Discount Medical Program Organization. We arrange for our members to have access to dental, vision, chiropractic pharmaceutical and medical providers who have agreed to offer their services at negotiated discounts off their usual and customary fees.
How much is the program membership fee? How do I pay?
The Dental Plus™ membership is only $19.95 per month for an entire household! A household membership includes all residents in the household including parents, children, relatives, significant others, and all permanent residents of the household! Monthly or quarterly payments are made only by electronic bank draft or credit card. Invoicing is done only for annual memberships paid one year in advance.
How do I use the program?
Within 10-14 days of receipt of your application at corporate headquarters in Plano, TX, you receive a Member Information Guide, Membership Identification card(s), and a Dental, Pharmacy, Vision, and Chiropractic Care Directory. Present your Membership ID card to any AmeriPlan® provider and you will be eligible to receive discounted fees. You pay the provider at the time of service.
Why would a medical professional participate in the AmeriPlan® Consumer Driven Health Care Program?
There are many reasons. Some of the most important are:
1. Patient care and treatment are put back into the physician's hands.
2. The provider gets paid at the time of care. Many insurance plans take up to 120 days for payment.
3. Office administrative costs are reduced. No paperwork to complete, file and follow up on.
4. Providers may receive a net increase in revenue to the practice versus insurance (HMO or PPO).
5. The provider is part of an affiliation of like-minded professionals, without being "under the thumb" of managed care.
6. AmeriPlan® provides members with quality, discounted healthcare.
Can you briefly describe the Hospital Advocacy Program?
The Hospital Advocacy program is designed to help members with their medical bills whenever a single hospital stay totals $2,500. Charges can be incurred from multiple providers. The patient advocate negotiates in behalf of the patient advocate and pursues a wide range of options, from government entitlement programs to payment plans.
How is the discount calculated?
The rates that the provider charges are determined based upon either a set fee schedule that the provider has contracted, or as a percentage off of their billed charges. In general, discounts will vary between 20% and 50%. Labs and diagnostics will have discounts of up to 80%.
How do I locate an AmeriPlan Health® provider?
There are three ways to locate a provider:
1. A dental, vision, prescription and chiropractic directory of providers is included in your member information guide.
2. A provider locator is available at www.ameriplanusaprovidersearch.com. This is particularly useful for medical providers.
3. Call AmeriPlan Health® customer service at 800-647-8421.
Are there programs for emergency services?
Yes. Emergency services may or may not be contracted with the Medical Program. Depending on the extent of the charges, these services may be eligible for the Patient Advocacy Program.